Redeemer is committed to being an essential part of the larger community that we support and serve. Students are encouraged to not only be mindful of the needs of others but to realize responsibility and take action. To help each other in difficult life situations, to share experience in performing important academic tasks, tests, and writing quality essay. Such actions not only show kindness and sincerity in a person but also help to build strong communication relationships.
Students get involved in various service projects throughout the year to reinforce Redeemer’s faith-based learning objectives and foster a Christ-like sense of service to others.
Some of these projects include:
• Annual participation in the Rivers Alive Oconee area clean-up initiative
• Christmas For All – Each grade “adopts” a child in need and provides toys, gently-used clothing and basic necessities for Christmas gifts
• Collecting items for the Second Harvest Food Bank
• Donating a portion of funds from the school’s annual Lake Oconee Food & Wine Festival to the Circle of Love Center to help victims of domestic violence
• Collecting pop tops for the Ronald McDonald House
• Musical performances for local senior citizens
• Volunteering at local events
• Christmas caroling throughout the community